Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cedar Point Amusement Park, Cedar Point, Ohio

Erika up on stage with the witches, who asked her what she wished for. Erika's answer? "A horse" (of course!)






We stayed the past 2 nights at Cedar Point Theme Park near Sandusky, Ohio. Cedar Point is built on a peninsula that juts out into Lake Erie. Mark & I were curious about the history, and learned that it is the 2nd oldest theme park in the U.S. dating back to 1892.

We bypassed several water & theme parks in the Wisconsin Dells area because we already had Cedar Point on our radar. Kyle was the one who planned the stop. Apparently, my brother Mark, aka Uncle Bob, had told Kyle if he wanted to go on a lot of rollercoasters, Cedar Point was the park to hit.

Personally, I don't enjoy amusement parks too much as I have outgrown rollercoasters (the last one I went on was about 6 years ago at Knotts Berry Farm with the family, my parents and Uncle Bob). However, I was pleasantly surprised at Cedar Point. First of all, it was huge! They had some amazing roller coaster which Mark & Kyle enjoyed. Plus they had several Camp Snoopy areas that appealed to Erika and Kenna. Overall, it was kind of a difficult park for Blake because he was too tall for the little kid rides and he doesn't really like the thrill rides.

The really fun part for me was the whole park was decorated for Halloween. They had all sorts of skeletons in various states of activity - some were painting, some were playing video games. One of my favorites was an old-fashioned popcorn cart with a skeleton selling eyeballs, spiders and other assorted ghoulish things. I think it was the best Halloween-decorated place I have ever seen.

We stayed 2 nights at the RV park in Cedar Point, even though we only went to the park on Saturday. I was able to walk the girls back to the RV when the girls got tired at the end of the day while Mark and the boys visited all the haunted houses that opened up at dark.

We are currently driving across I-90 in Pennsylvania, near Erie, headed towards Buffalo, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment